Understanding which of the social channels are more appropriate for your industry, company, products services and target audience is of utmost importance. Each social network has different features and characteristics and above all different philosophy. Milestone SEO will present the most popular social networks and we will explain when and how they should be used in order to maximize the results of the campaign.
There are hundreds of different social media that you can use in order to reach your users. There are General Purpose vs Niche networks, Local vs Global, Professional vs non Professional media etc. Each of them has different target audiences, characteristics and should be used to achieve different goals.
Here is a list of the most important networks:
- 1) Facebook: The most popular Friend-Oriented Social Network. A similar network is MySpace but over the years it became less and less popular.
- 2) Twitter: A powerful microblogging network.
- 3) LinkedIn: A Professional social network with millions of users globally. Similar services are the Xing which is particularly popular in Germany and the Video which is very popular in France.
- 4) YouTube: The most well known video-sharing community. Also there are other similar services such as Vimeo, Veoh, Viddler and Metacafe.
- 5) Foursquare: A location based social networking website.
- 6) Google+: The brand new Social Networking Service which is introduced the idea of Social Circles.
- 7) Others: Flickr, Delicious, Digg, Stumbleupon, Quora along with SERPd, Sphinn and other niche networks. Also sometimes people consider as Social Media the Blogs, the Wikis, the Forums and the other similar communities.