If you’re in the internet marketing business, you are well aware of the Penguin Update – Google’s latest algorithm change that took place at the end of April. For those of you that are not familiar, the purpose of “Penguin” was to penalize webspam and low quality websites.
1. duplicate content or irrelevant low quality content
2. using over optimized SEO techniques – i.e. excess keywords, excess tags, etc.
3. with irrelevant, low quality incoming links
Your site will be negatively impacted in organic search results. The goal of the update is to deliver higher quality websites to users and only show content that is designed to enhance the experience of organic search. If you are performing white hat SEO, you have nothing to worry about. But if you, or the online marketing company that you hired is employing any “deceptive” SEO practice – it’s vital that you change your strategy as soon as possible.
In our research, we’ve noticed that a lot of companies that were ranking on the first page of Google fell off the map following this latest update. You don’t want to be one of those companies!
Here at Milestone SEO, we recommend:
1. creating user friendly websites with engaging, 100% unique content.
2. avoid keyword stuffing
3. produce high quality, 100% unique content – such as daily blog posts, articles/press releases
4. start using Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and other social media platforms – the more social, the better
5. don’t use paid links
6. avoid hidden text and cloaking
Any questions or comments? Just ask us